Saturday, January 13, 2007

Eagle Eye Smoked Tail-Lights....


Now the tail-lights. I got the set of “Eagle Eye” smoked LED lights off ebay. Inside of the rear there is an open plastic grill looking thing on each side to be removed. They just pop out. Dig through the insulation and on the back of the light is a plastic wing nut that has to be removed. It takes a 12mm wrench to loosen, be very careful not to drop these like me. They go down inside the rear fender where you can’t reach, but with a little head scratching, I stuck my shop-vac hose down there and got it. The other side I stuffed a rag below it. Now on the outside edge of the hatch are 2 plastic push pins on each side that has to be removed. Remove all the light sockets and wiring from the OEM and put it on the new lights.

Now in reverse you can put the lights back on the car, just leave out the dropping the wing nut and vacuum part. This took about an hour to do. After pulling it out in the sun, I think I’ll tint them a little darker. Check back for that project.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Discount Scooters
Discount Scooters